Real Estate Leads 101 – Are You Copping Out of Following Up
What Are Leads?
The number of leads a real estate agent can generate from a single website visit is staggering. Newport Residences is one of the most popular real estate websites online, with over 2 million visits per month. The site offers listings in more than 100 cities across the United States, and its sheer volume of potential leads means that many agents are likely copping out of following up with their website visitors.
Leads generated through Newport Residences site tend to be high-quality prospects – in other words, people who are actively looking for properties to buy or rent. Rather than simply send these individuals away, an agent should attempt to build a relationship with them by answering any questions they may have and providing helpful information about the market. A recent study found that 89% of buyers who received contact from a real estate agent after visiting a property website decided to make an offer on the property.
How To Spot A Good Lead
Are you losing leads because you’re not following up? Here are 8 steps to spotting a good lead and following up with enthusiasm.
1) Know your target market. Are they homeowners who just want to sell their home or do they need rental housing? If you’re targeting the rental market, be sure to research the average rent in your area.
2) Get creative with your lead capture process. There are many different ways to capture leads and get people interested in your site or property. A simple email campaign can work well, or consider using social media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
3) Stay positive! When you follow up with a lead, make sure that you remain upbeat and friendly. This will show the lead that you’re interested in hearing from them and that there’s potential for a positive relationship in the future.
The Different Types of Leads
Are you feeling comfortable with the leads you are following up on? There are different types of leads that can help you generate more business.
- Prospecting Leads: These are people who have shown interest in your product or service, and may be a good candidate for your pitch.
- Referral Leads: These are people who have recommended you to someone else, and may be a strong lead because they may have important information about your target market.
- Email Leads: You can generate leads through email campaigns that send out tailored messages to potential customers.
- Phone Leads: Calling potential customers is another great way to generate leads, as they may be more likely to buy if they know you’re calling them specifically.
- Offline Leads: You can generate offline leads when you meet with potential customers or attend events where they are present.
- Newsletters: Many companies send out regular newsletters to their clients, which are often an excellent way to generate new leads.
How To Use Leads Safely
Are you using leads safely? If not, you may be copping out of following up on potential customers. Here are 6 tips for safe lead use:
- Use a lead gen system that keeps track of your leads and their status.
- Make sure you have a process in place for following up with leads that have not been converted yet.
- Don’t spam your leads – only send them relevant content that will interest them.
- Be sure to track your ROI on lead campaigns and adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Be patient – it can take some time to convert a lead into a customer.
- Always follow up with customers who haven’t responded to your emails or calls yet – they may just need some more time to decide if they want to buy from you or not.